Keely Y. Scott
450 Laurel Street, Suite 1600
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225) 214-1908Contact by Email »
Keely is a mediator with Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions. www.perrydampf.com
Keely has completed intensive mediation training at Pepperdine Law School’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, which U.S. News & World Report has ranked as the Number 1 dispute resolution program in the country for the past consecutive 10 years. The coursework includes the 42 hour “Mediating the Litigated Case” program.
Keely has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials in Louisiana state and federal courts and in Texas state courts. She has also represented professional clients before the American Arbitration Association, independently selected arbitration panels, the Louisiana Legislature and state administrative boards and commissions.
Keely has utilized alternative dispute resolution including mediation, structured negotiations and other creative approaches to resolve simple, catastrophic and complex multi-party disputes.
Keely has successfully represented clients in general liability, products liability, professional liability (including architects and engineers, insurance agents and brokers, directors and officers, real estate appraisers, public officials, physicians, social services organizations, etc.), complex personal injury and property damage matters. Keely has experience in the defense of catastrophic injury and multi-party litigation. Keely has served as counsel for domestic insurance companies and London based insurance companies in complex coverage disputes arising out of environmental pollution, products liability and mass and toxic torts. Working in conjunction with various local counsel, Keely has appeared in state and federal courts across the United States.
Keely has successfully represented architects, engineers and contractors in litigation involving construction defects, personal injuries, property damage and errors and/or omissions arising out of the construction of sports venues and stadiums, office buildings, convention centers, energy production facilities, condominium and apartment complexes, single family residences, student dormitories, shopping centers, churches, recreational facilities, roads and highways.
Keely was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on August 3, 1969; was admitted to the Louisiana bar in 1995 and the Texas bar in 2003. Keely is admitted to the U.S. District Courts; Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana and the U.S. Court of Appeal, Fifth Circuit.
• Louisiana State University (B.A. Economics, 1990)
• Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University (J.D., 1995)
• Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team
• Recipient of the Jules F. Landry Scholarship and the Honorable Michaelle Pitard Wynne Scholarship
• AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell by Members of the Bar and Judiciary
• Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Board of Directors 2017-2020
• Qualified Civil Mediator by the Louisiana State Bar Association
• Council on Litigation Management- Attorney Fellow
• Defense Research Institute- Professional Liability Committee; Insurance Law Committee; Construction Law Committee; and Law Practice Management Committee.
• Professional Liability Underwriting Society
• American Bar Association- Forum Committee on the Construction Industry- Design Committee; Professional Officers’ and Directors’ Liability Committee; Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee; Section of Litigation; Trial Techniques Committee- Professional Liability, Construction Litigation, and Insurance Coverage Litigation.
• American Bar Association- Editorial Board, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Publication, "The Brief”; TIPS Now! Fellow; Associate Editor, The Affiliate; Vice Chair: Affiliate Program Team; National Conference Team.
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Fidelity, Surety and Construction Law; Insurance, Negligence, Compensation, Admiralty Law
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Service to the Public Award, 2000; Service to the Bar Award, 2000.
• Texas State Bar Association
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
• Baton Rouge Bar Association